Immigration To The USA

Delivering Solutions For Your Future
Immigration in America, USA flag

How to Get Citizenship

April 15, 2013

How to get citizenship is a question of many immigrants. The immigration reform drafters are also discussing paths for citizenship for undocumented workers. However, no matter what they will decide, to get citizenship, one have to first obtain a green card or permanent resident status. Provided, of course, the laws will not be drastically changed in the nearest future.

The only way to get citizenship without obtaining permanent resident status first, is by being born on the US territory or by being born to or being adopted by the US citizens (provided other conditions for automatic citizenship are met).
Read Post

Can I File For Asylum if my Visa Expires?

February 4, 2013

Author: New York Asylum Attorney

Many asylum applicants are confused regarding the procedure of filing for asylum. Let’s say someone came here from Egypt (a country with recent change in country conditions) and now they face a question: shall they file for asylum in the US or shall they do it from their home country. Many potential applicants are afraid that by the time they prepare their application in the US, their visas will expire, and they become illegal.
Read Post

Haiti TPS Registration Period Extended

December 31, 2012

On October 1, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security (Secretary) extended the designation of Haiti for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for a period of 18 months by notice in the Federal Register. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) established a 60- day re-registration period from October 1, 2012 through November 30, 2012. Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy on many Haiti TPS beneficiaries’ ability to timely file for re-registration, DHS is extending the re- registration period through January 29, 2013.

It is very important that you prepare a quality application, because even though you may have been granted the status in the past, the USCIS does not have to re-grant your status, and may deny your application if you fail to prove the continuous residency requirement. If your application is denied, you may appeal the USCIS decision and/ or file a motion to reopen to present missing/new evidence.

The form for the Haiti TPS status may be found here.

If you need help of experienced Immigration New York lawyer, call 917-885-2261.